September 9, 2017
Two sessions will be offered: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. Only 400 tickets will be sold for each session.
Splash Island Waterpark at Palmetto Islands County Park
Splash Island Waterpark
444 Needlerush Pkwy
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Dog Day Afternoon at Splash Island
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Celebrate the dog days of summer with your dog at Splash Island Waterpark!
Advance tickets: $8 per dog. At the waterpark gate: $10 (if available)
Owners are free with their pets, but regular day park admission fee of $2 per person applies.
Helpful Hints For a Great Time
- Dogs must have all current vaccinations.
- The pools, shallow wading areas, and lazy rivers will only be open for dogs.
- Advance ticket purchase is recommended. Online registration ends at 11:59 p.m. on the Thursday before the event. On the day of the event, admission must be purchased at the gate if available.
- Admission tickets will be mailed if purchased more than 7 days prior to the event. Tickets purchased 7 or fewer days prior to the event will be picked up at the entrance to the event.
- No refunds issued or rain dates scheduled.
- Admission ticket (not receipt) is required for entry.
- Swimming is for dogs only. Humans should not enter the water past knee depth.
- All dogs must be current on all vaccinations for entry into the event: rabies, distemper, parvo virus, and bordetella.
- Prior to entering the waterpark, please walk your dog to help him/her relieve themselves, and be sure to pick up any waste. Waste bags will be available. We would like to avoid accidents in the pool as much as possible.
- Your dog may be released from the leash upon entering the waterparks.
- Humans should not enter the water past knee depth. Swimming is for dogs only.
- Please do not trim your dog’s nails prior to attending Dog Day Afternoon. Dogs will be running on the concrete area and nails will wear down quickly.
- Your dog must remain under your control at all times.
- Please be aware of where your dog is at all times.
- Be sure your dog has been exposed to swimming prior to the event.
- Be courteous to other guests. Manage your dog, and clean up as necessary.
- Female dogs in season are not allowed. No puppies under 6 months of age are allowed.
- Outside food and drink (dog and human) is not allowed in the pool area. Concessions will be available for human visitors, but must be eaten in the concessions area. Fresh water will be available for dogs throughout.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.