Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series
Now in its 24th year, the five-race Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series features a .3-mile swim, 12-mile bike ride, and 5K run. Over 30,000 people have raced in CSTS over the years, and the Charleston Metro Sports Council has named the series as one of the Top 10 Charleston Signature Sport Events.
2014 Race Dates
The first wave begins at 7:15 a.m.
Online registration ends at 3:00 p.m. on the Friday before each race. On-site registration is available at Saturday packet pick-up from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. There is NO
race day registration. ID is required at packet pick-up.
- Single Race Entry Fees: $60/$50 CCR* per race
- August 11 Championship Race: $65/$54 CCR*
- Entire 5-Race Series $245/$204 CCR*
- Any 4 Races $205/$170 CCR*
- Any 3 Races $165/$137 CCR*
Register early! Each race is limited to 400 participants, and races tend to sell out well before each race date.
No refunds. Registration fees are not transferable from one race date to another.
*Charleston County residents contribute to the development of our county park system through property taxes, therefore a discounted rate is available to them.
Divisions & Awards
- Open/Elite Division: Awards will be given to the top 5 men and top 3 women in the Open/Elite Division. The Open/Elite Division is restricted to those who have finished in the top twenty overall in a triathlon. Open/Elite entrants are guaranteed placement in the first wave and specially designated transition area. Open/Elite Division participants will not be eligible for age group awards. Wetsuits are not permitted in the Open/Elite Division.
- Age Group & Masters Division: Age Group awards will be in 5 year increments and will be at least 3 deep in all age groups. Awards will be given to the top male & top female over 40 years of age in the Masters Division.
- Clydesdale (Under 40), Masters Clydesdale (40+), and Athena Divisions: Awards will be given to the top 3 in these divisions. Participants in these divisions are not eligible for Age Group awards. Clydesdale divisions are limited to men 200 pounds or greater. Athena Division is limited to women 150 pounds or greater.
- High School: There will be three high school divisions: Boy’s, Girl’s, and Coed. For a full list of high school competition rules, please read on...