Preschoolers Exploring the Environment through Play
PEEP programs combine literature, art, play, and environmental education to give children a well-rounded learning experience. Schools are encouraged to schedule PEEP programs at a park so students can experience nature firsthand. If travel is not an option, programs will come to your school for an additional fee.
- All programs are 45 minutes long.
- Programs are designed for groups up to 25 children ages 4-6 and multiple programs can be offered to accommodate your school.
- An adult supervisor from the childcare facility or school must be present at all times during the program.
- Programs scheduled at county parks cost $75 per session, which includes admission into the park for all participants.
- Programs scheduled at childcare facilities cost $90 per session.
For more information or to register, please call the Environmental Education staff at (843) 889-8898
Help your preschoolers discover natural wonders found in a park or playground. We share our nets, binoculars, and sense of adventure with children to engage their natural curiosity about common plants and animals.
Flower Friends: Bees, Butterflies, and their Buddies
Learn more about the animals that call the garden home. We read stories and dress up like insects to gain a better understanding of the friends of flowers.
Little Green Thumbs
Sign up for this program and nurture your preschooler’s little green thumb. We use microscopes to study the parts of plants and learn about why plants are such important organisms.
Fins, Scales, and Fishtails
Our tales will be about fishtails in this program. We read stories, play games, and create art to help children learn about animals that call the ocean home.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.