Waivers & Refund/Cancellation Policies
Please use the appropriate link below to download and print the waiver for your program(s). If your program does not involve any of the activities mentioned below, you will not need a printed waiver in order to participate.
Youth Camp Forms
Please complete and return the Camp Waiver. Those registered for Sailing Camp should also complete the sailing Camp Waiver for Charleston Community Sailing.
Climbing Wall/Slackline Park
Those participating in programs taking place at The Climbing Wall (not for Youth Camp use), please complete and return the Climbing Wall Waiver.
Mullet Hall Equestrian Center
Those who will be horseback riding at Mullet Hall Equestrian Center, please complete and return the form below.
The following waiver form should be completed by those participating in all other recreation programs that involve canoeing, kayaking, overnight camping, and/or CCPRC transportation (not for Youth Camp use).
General Waiver (pdf)
General Refund Policy
Exceptions to the General Refund Policy include, but are not limited to, Camp Programs, Special Event Tickets, Wilderness First Aid & First Responder, Harvest Festival Trail Ride, and East Coast Paddlesports & Outdoor Festival.
Camp Programs Refund Policy
- Registrants will receive a full refund if the program is cancelled by CCPRC.
- All participant withdrawals must be received during regular business hours.
- Registrants withdrawing more than 4 business days prior to the program start date will receive a full refund.
- Registrants withdrawing 4 business days or less prior to the program start date will receive a 50% refund.
- Registrants failing to show for a program without prior notice during regular business hours will not receive a refund.
Camp programs include, but are not limited to: Explorers Camp, Adventure Camp, Teen Venture Camp, and the Jr. Lifeguard Program.
Festivals, Races, Runs, & Other Events
- A refund (minus $25 per child per cancellation transaction) will be given for any cancellation made at least 2 weeks prior to the first day of the registered session.
- No credit or refunds will be given for cancellations after the 2-week deadline.
- If a camper is forced to leave camp due to injury or illness, a prorated amount of up to 50% of the fee may be refunded.
- In the event that camp is cancelled by Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission, your full payment will be refunded.
CCPRC festivals, races, runs, and other events occur rain or shine. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced, and there are no refunds or exchanges for events that take place as scheduled, except as noted below.
- Shaggin' on the Cooper: In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, tickets will be honored for any other Shaggin' on the Cooper within that calendar year. You must keep and present your original ticket for admission to the event you choose to attend.
- Moonlight Mixers: In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather prior to 9 p.m., the next night (Saturday) will be the rain date. No refunds or exchanges will be given for a Friday Mixer that is rescheduled for the following Saturday. If both Friday and Saturday Mixers are cancelled, purchased tickets will be refunded.
Multiple Day programs include, but are not limited to: East Coast Paddlesports & Outdoor Festival, Wilderness First Aid, and Wilderness First Responder Challenge.
Facility Rental Refund/Cancellation Policy
Shelter/Meeting Space/Cottage/Climbing Wall
- There will be a $30 per person cancellation fee for cancellations made on or before 30 days prior to the start of the course.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations on or after 30 days prior to the start of the course. This policy does not include Campground reservations. Please use the following link for more information regarding Campground Reservation Guidelines.
Group Program Services Cancellation Policy
With shelter rental
- 100% refund for all cancellations made 30-365 days prior to rental date.
- 75% refund for all cancellations made 1-29 days prior to rental date.
- 10% fee for all rental reschedules made 1-29 days prior to rental date.
Luau Landing Cancellation Policy
- 90% of the total charges refunded for cancellations made 5 days prior to rental date.
- 50% of the total charges refunded for cancellations made 1-4 days prior to rental date.
- If your shelter was booked outside of the 12-month in advance period with group services, the shelter will be cancelled upon cancellation of the group services.
Waterpark Birthday Party Cancellation Policy
- 90% refund for all cancellations made 5-365 days prior to rental date.
- $250 Prepaid Deposit Surcharge for all cancellations made 1-4 days prior to rental date.
- Full refund less $10 processing fee for all cancellations made 5-365 days prior to rental date.
- Full refund less $25 cancellation fee for all cancellations made 1-4 days prior to rental date.
- No refunds unless all tickets are returned.