Dog Day Afternoon
Celebrate the dog days of summer at the waterpark. It's a day so nice, we're doing it twice!
Splash Island Waterpark at Palmetto Islands County Park
- Saturday, September 7, 2019
- Two sessions will be offered: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Only 400 tickets will be sold for each session.
- $8 per dog. Owners are free with their pets, but regular park admission fee of $2 per person applies. Tickets will be sold at the waterpark gate for $10 per dog.
Whirlin' Waters Adventure Waterpark at Wannamaker County Park
- Sunday, September 8, 2019
- 12-4 p.m.
- Only 1,000 tickets will be sold.
- $12 per dog. Owners are free with their pets. Tickets will be sold at the waterpark gate for $15 per dog.
- Online registration ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, September 5. You may call Park & Program Services at 843-795-4386 up until the day before each event. On the day of each event, admission must be purchased at the gate if available.
- Admission tickets will be mailed if purchased more than 7 days prior to the event. Tickets purchased 7 or fewer days prior to the event will be picked up at the entrance to the event. No refunds issued or rain dates scheduled.
- Admission ticket (not receipt) is required for entry.
- Swimming is for dogs only. Humans should not enter the water past knee depth.
- All dogs must be current on all vaccinations for entry into the event: rabies, distemper, parvo virus, and bordetella.
- Prior to entering the waterpark, please walk your dog to help him/her relieve themselves, and be sure to pick up any waste. Waste bags will be available. We would like to avoid accidents in the pool as much as possible.
- Your dog may be released from the leash upon entering the waterparks.
- Please do not trim your dog’s nails prior to attending Dog Day Afternoon. Dogs will be running on the concrete area and nails will wear down quickly.
- Your dog must remain under your control at all times.
- Please be aware of where your dog is at all times.
- Be sure your dog has been exposed to swimming prior to the event.
- Female dogs in season are not allowed.
- Puppies under six months of age are not allowed.
- Outside food and drink - dog and human - is not allowed in the pool area.
- Concessions will be available for human visitors, but must be eaten in the concessions area. Fresh water will be available for dogs throughout the event.
We reserve the right to use photos or videos taken of visitors while they are at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission facilities or events for publicity purposes. Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property. Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.