Dog Day Afternoon
It’s your dogs’ turn to cool off, and enjoy a day at the waterpark at the end of the summer. The dog days of summer have never been so much fun!
Saturday, September 12
Splash Island Waterpark at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park
- Two sessions: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. Space is limited for each session, so it is recommended that you purchase tickets in advance.
- Advance registration is $8 per dog. Day of is $10 per dog.
- Owners are free with their pets, but regular park admission fee of $2 per person applies.
- Register online. Online registration ends at 2 p.m. on Friday, September 11.
Sunday, September 13
Whirlin’ Waters Adventure Waterpark at North Charleston Wannamaker County Park
- 12-4 p.m.
- $12 per dog. Owners are free with their pets. Tickets will be sold at the waterpark gate for $15 per dog.
- Register online. Online registration ends at 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 11.
What You Need To Know
- Admission tickets will be mailed if purchased more than seven days prior to the event. Tickets purchased seven or fewer days prior to the event will be picked up at the entrance to the event. No refunds issued or rain dates scheduled.
- Admission ticket (not receipt) is required for entry.
- Swimming is for dogs only. Humans should not enter the water past knee depth.
- All dogs much be current on the following vaccinations: rabies, distemper, parvo and bordetella.
- Prior to entering the waterpark, please walk your dog to help him/her relieve themselves, and be sure to pick up any waste. Waste bags will be available. We would like to avoid accidents in the pool as much as possible.
- Your dog may be released from the leash upon entering the waterparks.
- Please do not trim your dog’s nails prior to attending Dog Day Afternoon. Dogs will be running on the concrete area and nails will wear down quickly.
- Your dog must remain under your control at all times.
- Please be aware of where your dog is at all times.
- Be sure your dog has been exposed to swimming prior to the event.
- Female dogs in season are not allowed.
- Puppies under six months of age are not allowed.
- Outside food and drink - dog and human - is not allowed in the pool area.
- Concessions will be available for human visitors, but must be eaten in the concessions area. Fresh water will be available for dogs throughout the event.
Please contact Park & Program Services by email or by phone at 843-795-4386.