- Festivals & Events
- Lowcountry Cajun Festival
Lowcountry Cajun Festival
Bringing Louisiana to the Lowcountry, the Lowcountry Cajun Festival is back with a full-day of Zydeco music, Cajun and Creole foods, kids activities, and all around ragin’ Cajun fun! Savor the tastes of authentic Cajun and Creole fare - jambalaya, alligator, etouffe, andouille sausage, and crawfish. Also enjoy Lowcountry favorites like seafood and Southern barbecue. For those who prefer a tamer menu, we’ll serve up ample portions of festival foods like hot dogs, sno cones, and more.
New this year, you can buy your ticket in advance. Be sure to get yours early, Cajun is a Lowcountry favorite and may sell out.
- Saturday, April 22, 2023
- 12-6 p.m.
- James Island County Park
- Advance tickets are $35 per car. Max 15 people per vehicle.
- Purchase Advance Tickets
- Onsite tickets are $40 per vehicle, if not sold out.
- Free for Gold Pass holders (Gold Pass must be present for festival admission; receipt of purchase will not be accepted. Gold Passes will not be sold on-site.)
Main Stage Schedule
- 1-2 p.m.: Shrimp City Slim Swamp All-Stars
- 2:30-4 p.m.: Les Freres Michot
- 4:30-6 p.m.: Corey Arceneaux & The Zydeco Hot Peppers
Small Stage Schedule
- 1-2 p.m. Who Calls the Swamp Home? (children’s reptile program presented by Friends of Coastal South Carolina)
- 2:30 p.m. Lowcountry Cajun Festival Crawfish Eating Contest
A and B Fish Fries and Chicken Thighs • Charleston Festival Foods • ChuckTown Mobile • Empanada Cuisines • Mr. B’s Fish & Shrimp • Papa Johns Pizza • Shaka Shrimp • Southland Concessions • Sweetgrass Foods • Tamashii • The Caterer • Tropical Paradise • Zeus Grill • Donut Daddy • Life Raft Treats • Low Country Caviar Peanuts • T&T Kettle Korn • The Head Baker • Snow on the Geaux
Bright Star Designs • Carolina Novelties • Charleston Graphics • Charleston Henna Tattoos • Charleston Marsh Designs • Charleston Totes • Charmed Candle Co. • Christal’s Creations • Cluck Norris Trading Company • Cigar Row Events • Cotton-Tea • Country Salt Apparel Company • Dabbledy Doo Face Painting • Exclusive Artwork • Fig & Fern Designs • Golden Gratitude Collective • Grandma’s Gift Barn • Holy City Creations • Jamailah Handcrafted Tableware • Julie Glass Studio • Kendall’s Kandles • Linn Photography • Local Dog • Lowcountry Olive Oil • Pineapple Paw Prints • Play Salty • Seaglass by Sandra • Simply Sail • Well Designed Wood
An all-day kids area handstamp is available for $10 which is valid for inflatables and the climbing wall.
- Event cancellation and refund policy.
- Food, beverages and souvenirs will be available for purchase on-site.
- ID is required to purchase alcohol.
- Outside food, alcohol and coolers are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed at this event.
Please be prepared to present the QR code(s) you received via email when you registered for the event. (You may have to check your SPAM or Junk folders.) You can also find your Registration QR codes by visiting your Active.com events page and logging in with the email address you used to purchase your tickets.
Please contact Park & Program Services by email or by phone at 843-795-4386.