Kiawah Beachwalker Park Guidelines
- Obey lifeguards at all times.
- Swim in designated areas only.
- Parents should remain with children at all times.
- Boats, surfboards, and motorized watercraft are not permitted in designated swimming areas.
- Fishing is not allowed in designated swimming areas.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times.
- Use designated boardwalk. Trespassing on dunes is prohibited by law and subject to fines.
- Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Fires allowed only in approved cooking grills.
- Removal or disturbance of natural resources or wildlife is prohibited.
- No refunds or rain checks.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- Firearms, fireworks, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited. Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission does recognize a valid South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit.
- Swimming and the use of showers will not be permitted during periods of inclement weather.
- Activities involving sales or solicitation require the permission of park management.
- Please walk your bicycles on boardwalks and ramps.
- Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times within Kiawah Beachwalker Park. The Town of Kiawah identifies specific regulations for areas outside of the park.
We urge you to stay near your children and watch them carefully. There is always a danger of rip currents and hazardous water conditions. Watch for hidden deep spots which can be caused by wave action. There is also a possibility of bites or stings from certain species of marine life.
A Town of Kiawah ordinance (PDF) prohibits the possession of single-use plastic carryout bags, plastic straws, polystyrene/plastic foam products (Styrofoam) and balloons are prohibited on Kiawah’s beach. These items are the most common products that escape into the ocean and waterways and harm our local marine life.