Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series
The Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series at James Island County Park features a 600-yard freshwater swim, 12-mile bike ride, and 5K flat run. Over 30,000 people have raced the series over the years, and the series has been honored as one of the Top Ten Charleston Signature Sport Events by the Charleston Metro Sports Council.
2023 Race Dates
- May 21 - Race Results
- June 18 - Race Results
- July 9 - Race Results
- July 30 - Race Results
- August 13 - Race Results
Preregistration ends on the Monday prior to each race.
Participants must be comfortable swimming 600M in open water and riding a bicycle on roads open to traffic. Parent/guardian must agree to waiver for participants 17 and under.
- Advance registration is required. On-site registration will not be available. Spaces are limited and event is expected to sell out.
- Packet pick-up will be available on-site from 6-7 a.m. on race day. Participants receive one t-shirt per series.
- An award ceremony will be held on-site post-race.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own, pre-filled water bottles. Water stations will be set up on course.
- Bibs are required. Body marking will not be offered. Lost bib penalties will be enforced.
- Race will be conducted by wave start.
- Participants are encouraged to bring equipment to complete onsite bike repairs.
Tri Club Team Competition
A Tri Club Team Competition will be held during Race 4 on July 30. All individual team members must be registered for Race 4. Rosters (one team per club, minimum of five team members) must be submittedvia email by Friday, July 21 at 12:00 p.m.
Awards will be presented in the following category:
Sprint Triathlon Swim Tune-Ups on the course will be hosted throughout the series and are available for preregistration. Register online.
Does your little athlete want in on the action? Our Youth Triathlon is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience the fun in a safe and well-monitored course!