Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series
The Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series at James Island County Park features a 600-yard freshwater swim, 12-mile bike ride, and 5K flat run. Over 30,000 people have raced the series over the years, and the series has been honored as one of the Top Ten Charleston Signature Sport Events by the Charleston Metro Sports Council.
2022 Race Dates & Registration
- May 22 - Race Results
- June 19 - Race Results
- July 10 - Race Results
- July 31 - Race Results
- August 14 - Race Results
Pre-registration ends by phone at 5:30 p.m. and online at 11:59 p.m. Monday prior to each race.
Participants must be comfortable swimming 600M in open water and riding a bicycle on roads open to traffic. Parent/guardian must agree to waiver for participants 17 and under.
- Pre-registration is required. On-site registration will not be available. Spaces are limited and event is expected to sell out.
- Packet pick-up will be available on-site from 6 a.m.-7 a.m. on race day. Participants receive one t-shirt per series.
- An award ceremony will be held on-site post-race.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own, pre-filled water bottles. Water stations will be set up on course.
- Bibs are required. Body marking will not be offered. Lost bib penalties will be enforced.
- Race will be conducted by wave start.
- Participants are encouraged to bring equipment to complete onsite bike repairs.
- 2022 Charleston Sprint Triathlon T-Shirts:
- 2022 Charleston Sprint Triathlon Ball Caps and Visors available for $25. CSTS hats and visors will be available for pre-order with registration, race day pick up, and race day sales at each race during the 2022 series.
Tri Club Team Competition
A Tri Club Team Competition and awards sponsored by Blue Sky Endurance will be held at the July 31 race. The deadline for registration and team rosters is Monday, July 25. Rosters, (one team per club, minimum of five team members), should be submitted in alphabetical order by last name via email. All individual team members must be registered for Race 4 by Friday, July 22.
Awards will be presented in the following category:
Sprint Triathlon Swim Tune-Ups on the course will be hosted throughout the series and are available for preregistration. Register online.
Does your little athlete want in on the action? Our Youth Triathlon is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience the fun in a safe and well-monitored course!