Welcome to the media room for McLeod Plantation Historic Site. This page is intended as an informational source for news media. For general inquiries, please call 843-795-4386 or visit the McLeod Plantation Historic Site website.
Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission’s Marketing Department is available to assist with news stories, high resolution images, interviews, on-site visits, fact checking and other media needs. Please provide your request and credentials in writing at least 24 hours in advance; depending on the nature of the request, more advance notice may be needed. Email requests to the Public Information Coordinator.
Media Information on McLeod Plantation Historic Site
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission proudly opened McLeod Plantation Historic Site on April 25, 2015. Please use the links below to browse and download media files on McLeod Plantation Historic Site. To have these documents emailed directly to you or for other media inquiries, please email Sarah Reynolds.
For information on non-news or publicity-related photo shoots, please read our photography policy and other facility guidelines here.
- McLeod named a Site of Conscience - November 2019
- Sea Island Cotton planted at McLeod Plantation Historic Site - May 2017
- McLeod Plantation awarded for Wayside Exhibits - August 2016
Local & national publications
- Garden & Gun: A Deeper Look at Charleston’s Historic Homes
- CBS This Morning: An African American museum in Charleston is finally being built
- The Independent: 10 of the Most Important Civil Rights Sites in the USA
- BBC News: The Awkward Questions About Slavery from Tourists in US South
- The Charleston City Paper: Charleston plantation guides say a negative reaction to stirring history can be a good thing
- The Post & Courier: Despite pushback, Charleston historic sites expand their interpretation of slavery
- The New York Times: Enslaved People Lived Here. These Museums Want You to Know
- The Public Historian: Sowing Truth and Change
- CNN: The education of Tre’anna: A Charleston girl faces racial history
- The New York Times: McLeod Plantation Museum Tells the Story of the South
- The Post & Courier: McLeod Plantation - opening this week - tackles slavery, freedom
- The Post & Courier: McLeod an enduring gift