The Summer Solstice is a time to reconnect with each other and nature as the sun rises to the highest point in the sky. Join us in the meadow at James Island County Park to celebrate summer and community in this flowing yoga class accompanied by live music from Mystic Vibrations.
- June 21, 2023
- 6-8 p.m.
- James Island County Park
- Advance registration is $30 and ends at 12 p.m. on the day of the event.
- Space permitting, on-site registration will be $35.
- Admission includes yoga class, an adult beverage, a kids food item, and a t-shirt with pre-registration.
- Shirt sizes are guaranteed with registrations received prior to May 12. Onsite registrants will be provided shirts on a first-come, first-served basis. Subject to inventory on hand.
- Kids 12 and under are free and not required to register. A registered and paid chaperone is required for participants under 15.
Instructor Line Up
- Yoga Flow with Caroline Nash
- Mind Setting & Meditation with Kat Hendrix
- Kids Yoga with Megan Buchholz
- Reggae music by Mystic Vibrations.
Sponsor & Vendor Village
- Shop for merch or grab some food and drink.
We Didn't Forget the Kids!
- Kids yoga, face painting and more!
- Event cancellation and refund policy.
- Live music begins at 6 p.m., and yoga begins at 6:30 p.m. A kids yoga class will be offered concurrently.
- Open to all levels and abilities.
- No pets allowed.
- Rain date is Wednesday, June 28.
About the Instructors
Yoga Flow with Caroline Nash
I am a lifelong teacher, teaching everything that I have ever loved...education, cheerleading, gymnastics, group fitness, personal training and YOGA. I teach the things that I am most passionate about in hopes that I can share that passion and love with others. I have a strong love for yoga + movement and I am inspired daily by what I learn on and off the mat. As a teacher, I hope that I convey confidence in my students so they feel strong enough to not shy away from a challenge and comfortable enough to stay in the integrity of their body.
I am a 200hr -E RYT and have been teaching yoga for over 10 years and leading Yoga Teacher Trainings for 4 years. I love that I own this sweet lil yoga studio in the heart of Avondale, Community Yoga, where I have an amazing team of teachers who help me create this space where all who come feel welcome to move and breathe and connect to themselves and others mind, body and soul.
Mind Setting & Meditation with Kat Hendrix, PhD, ERYT-500
I’ve taught yoga classes, workshops, and teacher trainings for over 17 years and just published my first book, The Yoga Mechanic: How to Tune Up or Jump Start Your Yoga Practice. My goal and greatest joy is to help people of every age and fitness level learn how they can build balance, strength, and flexibility – one-step-at-a-time – with small alignment adjustments and slow, steady movement. I’ve developed a unique way of explaining how the human anatomy works in yoga so both beginners and advanced students can find new tips and tricks to move forward into a healthier, more peaceful state of mind and body. Check out my webpage at The Yoga Mechanic or, better yet, join me at Yoga Fest 2023!
Kids Yoga with Megan Buchholz
Megan started her yoga journey in high school as a complement to the high-intensity sports she played. Over the years, her practice evolved, and now the mental and spiritual benefits of the practice are even more valuable than the physical benefits. After earning her initial teacher training, Megan knew something was missing, so she completed Kids Yoga Teacher Training. She instantly knew that was what she was meant to do. Her background in elementary and preschool education combined with her passion for yoga, made kids yoga the perfect fit. Her kids practice includes songs, games, props, books, and more. She combines physical activity with mindfulness instruction all in a safe and loving space. When Megan's not on her mat, she and her husband are trying to keep up with their three active kids.
Please contact Park & Program Services by email or by phone at 843-795-4386.