July 25, 2020
James Island County Park
871 Riverland Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
Saturday, July 25, 2020
Presented in conjunction with Palmetto TRIbe, our third annual youth triathlon at James Island County Park is a multi-sport experience like no other in the area - the first to offer an open-water swim. This is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience a lake swim in a safe, well-monitored course. After the swim, participants will traverse the shaded paths and roads inside the park on the run and bike course.
- Register online for $45.
- Race starts at 7:15 a.m. View Swim Waves (PDF).
- Ages 7-10 will complete a 100-yard swim, 3-mile bike, and 1-mile run.
- Ages 11-15 will complete a 200-yard swim, 6-mile bike, and 2-mile run.
- View course maps.
- Age group awards will be presented to the top three males and top three females in the following categories: ages 7-8, ages 9-10, ages 11-12, and ages 13-15.
- All finishers will receive a finishers medal.
- Preregistration is required and ends by phone at 5:30 p.m. and online at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, July 15.
- On-site registration will not be available.
- There will be no packet pick up. Ages 7-10 will receive bibs and swim caps, and ages 11-15 will receive bibs, swim caps, and two loop bands (scrunchies) by USPS mail prior to the race. Please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate.
- Participant t-shirts will be mailed post-race.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race - awards will be mailed via USPS.
- Participants are required to bring their own, pre-filled water bottles. Water stations will not be set up on course.
- Bibs are required. Body marking will not be offered.
- Spectators are limited to two per participant and will be enforced for public safety.
- Participants are responsible for the safety of their own bicycle and onsite repairs.