February 6, 2021
Folly Beach Pier
101 E. Arctic Ave.
Folly Beach, SC 29439
CANCELED - Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K
Saturday, February 6, 2021
We regret to announce that due to increases in current COVID levels and in keeping with local government restrictions, the 2021 Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K scheduled for February 6 on Folly Beach has been canceled.
All registered participants will receive a 100% refund registration fees. Refunds will be processed in the method by which you paid and may take 7-10 days. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Park & Program Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The race will return next year, and we will announce that date as soon as possible. Thank you for your participation and for your understanding during these unprecedented times. We hope to see you in 2022 to help us Save the Light!
Participants ages 10-15 can register but must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. Chaperone is required to register. Parent/guardian must sign waiver for participants 17 and under. Spaces are limited and event is expected to sell out.
COVID-19 RACE CHANGES:
- Pre-registration is required and ends by phone at 5:30PM and online at 11:59PM Wednesday, January 20. On-site registration will not be available. Spaces are limited and event is expected to sell out.
- There will be no packet pick up. Bibs will be mailed via USPS prior to the race - please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race. Awards and t-shirts will be mailed post-race. Posters will be available for pick-up on-site the day of the race.
- Bibs are required.
- Water stations will be available on course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
- Participants, staff, and volunteers permitted on-site only. Please, no spectators at this time.
COVID-19 Protocols and Guidelines:
- Masks are required in all indoor spaces, any outdoor spaces where 6-feet of social distancing is not possible or when interacting with our staff.
- Masks are required unless eating, drinking, or engaging in physical activity.
- Our staff will wear masks during face-to-face interactions, while engaged in the preparation of food and beverages, while working in an enclosed space, or when 6-feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Maximum capacities for all programs, events, and facilities have been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Most programs and events require pre-registration. On-site registration will not be offered unless specifically stated in the activity description.
- Customers who do not abide by COVID-19 guidelines may be asked to leave.