[MOUNT PLEASANT, SC] – Pets everywhere are getting excited for the return of Pet Fest in Mount Pleasant! Charleston County Parks invites the community (and their pets) to come out for a day of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, contests, adoptable pets, and more at Charleston’s premier pet festival. Pet Fest returns Saturday, March 30 at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Pet Fest bring animal lovers, organizations, and businesses together for an opportunity to showcase their causes, products and services in a fun, animal-friendly environment. This event is for everyone, so even those who don’t have a pet are still welcome to attend. Plus, Pet Fest is the perfect place to adopt a furry family member! Visit the Charleston Animal Society (CAS) or any of the other rescue groups on site to find your new best friend.
Pet Fest Entertainment & Contests
- Live music from the Weigh Station band
- Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest
- Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” Family Dog Show at 2 p.m.
- Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume (times to be posted on site)
- Charleston County Parks Top Dog contest winner announcement
Plus more to see and do at Pet Fest 2019
- Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race on a lure course for a $10 donation (a portion of the proceeds go to Charleston Animal Society)
- Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
- Nutrition, education and training tents
- Rescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
- Food, beverages and beer for sale, plus an off-leash beer garden (new for 2019!)
- Canine Good Citizens Test and the Canine Community Test – see if your dog is ready for certification
- Dog washing station (with a $5 donation)
- Pet Fest attendees who adopt a pet from the Charleston Animal Society at the event will receive an Individual Park Pass (value $30) to select county parks.
Admission to Pet Fest is $8 per day. Admission is discounted to $5 per person with pet food or supply donation to the Charleston Animal Society. Kids 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders and pets are free. Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event. Carpooling is encouraged. In the event of inclement weather, Pet Fest will be rescheduled for March 31.
Pet Fest is brought to you by Coca-Cola, Veterinary Specialty Care, Charleston Animal Society, Crews Subaru and your Charleston County Parks. For more information call 843-795-4386 or visit CharlestonCountyParks.com/PetFest.