Julia Browder, Outdoor Recreation Lead Aide-Youth Programs - Explorers Camp Supervisor
- College of Charleston, Charleston, SC, December 2015
- Bachelor of Science Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Response – American Safety & Health Institute
- CPR certification – National CPR Foundation
- Darkness to Light – Stewards of Children
- Mandatory Reporters – University of South Carolina Children’s Law Center
Favorite Places to Recreate (Bike, Climb, Paddle)
One of my most favorite places to paddle are the natural springs of Florida. My husband and I love to paddle around Weeki Wachee Springs to see the manatees!
I started with Charleston County Parks in 2013 as an Explorers Camp counselor. From there, I quickly discovered how I much I enjoyed using my early childhood educational background in an outdoor recreation setting. I continued to work for Explorers Camp for the next few summers, taking on leadership roles and eventually became the lead youth program aide after I graduated from the College of Charleston in 2015. I take much pride in the work we do with our youth programs and I enjoy leading others in doing the same. I left CCPRC in 2019 when I got married to my husband, who currently serves in the United States Coast Guard. I recently moved back to Charleston, and I am very excited to be home!