Kiawah Beachwalker Park
Located on the west end of Kiawah Island, Kiawah Beachwalker Park offers ocean frontage and a river view, along with the only public beach access on beautiful Kiawah Island. The park is operated through a cooperative agreement among Kiawah Development Partners, Charleston County Council, and the Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission.
- Boardwalk and accessible ramp
- Beach chair, umbrella and boogie board rentals
- Dressing areas
- Snack bar
- Picnic area with grills (first-come, first-served)
- Outdoor showers
Dogs must be leashed and under control at all times within Kiawah Beachwalker Park. The Town of Kiawah identifies specific regulations for areas outside of the park.
Park Hours & Fees
- January - April: 10 a.m. - Sunset
- May - Labor Day: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- September - December: 10 a.m. - Sunset
Gate closes to incoming traffic 30 minutes before park closes.
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY
10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- May: May 27-29
- June: Fridays-Sundays Only
- July: Fridays-Sundays Only & Tuesday, July 4
SNACK BAR & CHAIR/UMBRELLA/BOOGIE BOARD RENTAL SCHEDULE
- Weekends only: May 6-21
- Daily: May 27 - Mid-August
Gold pass members park for free year-round.
- January & February: $5
- March & April: $10
- May-Labor Day: $15 Monday-Friday and $20 Saturday-Sunday & holidays
- September & October: $10
- November & December: $5
- RV/Campers: $40 daily parking
- Buses/Large Vehicles: $75
- Walk-Ins/Bicyclists: free admission
- School Groups: Please call 843-795-4386
Due to limited parking, visitors are encouraged to arrive early, carpool when possible, and expect delays when entering the park.
Parking for buses, RV's and/or campers is never guaranteed. Due to the limited turning radius, we are unable to accommodate RV + bus traffic during our busy periods, April 1 - Labor Day.
Chair/Umbrella/Boogie Board Rentals
- Beach chair: $10 per day
- Beach umbrella: $20 per day
- Two chairs & one umbrella: $35 per day
- Boogie board: $15 per day (+$25 deposit)