The Campground at James Island County Park
Enjoy the natural beauty of James Island County Park, with year-round fun for the entire family. Just a short drive from downtown Charleston, the 643-acre park offers an abundance of exceptional recreation offerings and natural beauty. Check availability and make reservations now...
- 20/30/50 amp service on all sites
- 24-hour staffing
- Activity center
- Ceramic bathhouses
- Dump station
- Free wifi
- Full-service campground store
- Full hookups
- Grills/fire rings
- Laundry facility
- Paved roads
- Picnic tables
- Primitive campsites
- Propane, ice, and firewood sales
- Pull-thru sites (80ft.)
- Wheelchair-accessible sites
- Round-trip shuttle service to the downtown Convention and Visitor Bureau, Folly Beach Pier, or Folly Beach County Park for only $10 per person.
We invite you to enjoy the natural beauty of James Island County Park, with year-round fun for the entire family.
- Miles of paved trails for walking, biking, and skating
- Seasonal Splash Zone Waterpark*
- The Climbing Wall*
- 16 acres of freshwater lakes with fishing
- Open meadows
- Pedal boat, kayak, stand up paddleboard, and bicycle rentals*
- Modern playground area
- Tidal creek fishing and crabbing dock
- Seasonal spray play fountain
- Picnic areas
- Off-leash dog park
- Pull-Thru: $61
- Back-In: $54
- Water/Electric/Tent: $50
- Primitive/Overflow: $33
Add 14% Accommodations Tax to all rates. Campground fees are based on six people per site. A $4 fee will be added for each additional guest. Limit of 10 people per site. All sites have 20, 30, and 50 amp electrical connections. Active-duty/retired military & seniors 60+ may receive 10% off listed fees.
Make your reservation online, or call 843-795-4386. Reservations cannot be made through email. Reservations are recommended and may be made up to one year prior to your arrival date. Full payment is due at the time the reservation is made. A maximum reservation of seven nights may be made during the Holiday Festival of Lights.
Cancellations made 15 or more days in advance will incur a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellations made 14 or less days in advance will incur a one-night cancellation fee.
We reserve the right to use photos or videos taken of visitors while they are at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission facilities or events for publicity purposes. Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property. Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.