- Our Parks
- Camping & Lodging
The Campground at James Island County Park
Enjoy the natural beauty of James Island County Park, with year-round fun for the entire family. Just a short drive from downtown Charleston, the 643-acre park offers an abundance of exceptional recreation offerings and natural beauty. Check availability and make reservations now...
- Pull-Thru (full hookup): $75
- Back-In (full hookup): $64
- Water & Electric Only Sites: $59
All sites have 20, 30, and 50 amp electrical connections.
- RV Overflow: $35
- Only available when campground sites are full
- Dry camping, no hookups
- Dump station available
Primitive Tent Camping
- Up to 6 people per site
- $35 Sunday-Thursday
- $40 Saturday & Sunday
- 12x12 tent pad (tent must fit on pad)
- Walk-in sites, no car camping
- Each site features a picnic table, fire ring, and hammock posts
Primitive Group Camping
- $150 per night (up to 35 people per site)
- Add 14% Accommodations Tax to all rates
- Each site features a stone fire pit and grill, a prep table, and four picnic tables joined in pairs for banquet style seating
- No discounted rates for primitive group camping
Make your reservation online or call 843-795-4386. Reservations cannot be made through email. Advance reservations are strongly recommended and may be made up to one year prior to your arrival date. Full payment is due at the time the reservation is made. We do not offer long-term stays and have a maximum stay of 28 nights.
Add 14% Accommodations Tax to all rates. Add $5 non-refundable transaction/reservation fee per site. Limit of six people per site. Active-duty/retired military & seniors 60+ may receive 10% off listed fees.
Cancellations made 15 or more days in advance will incur a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellations made 14 or less days in advance will incur a one-night cancellation fee.
- 20/30/50 amp service on all sites
- 24-hour staffing
- Activity center
- Modern bathhouses
- Dump station
- Free wifi
- Full-service campground store
- Full hookups
- Grills/fire rings
- Laundry facility
- Paved roads
- Picnic tables
- Primitive campsites
- Propane, ice, and firewood sales
- Pull-thru sites (80ft.)
- Accessible sites
- Round-trip shuttle service to the downtown Convention and Visitor Bureau, Folly Beach Pier, or Folly Beach County Park for only $10 per person.
We invite you to enjoy the natural beauty of James Island County Park, with year-round fun for the entire family.
- Miles of paved trails for walking, biking, and skating
- Seasonal Splash Zone Waterpark*
- The Climbing Wall*
- 16 acres of freshwater lakes with fishing
- Open meadows
- Pedal boat, kayak, stand up paddleboard, and bicycle rentals*
- Modern playground area
- Tidal creek fishing and crabbing dock
- Seasonal spray play fountain
- Picnic areas
- Off-leash dog park