July 27, 2019
Presented in conjunction with Palmetto TRIbe, our second annual youth triathlon at James Island County Park is a multi-sport experience like no other in the area - the first to offer an open-water swim. This is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience a lake swim in a safe, well-monitored course. After the swim, participants will traverse the shaded paths and roads inside the park on the run and bike course.
Race Fee & Registration
- Register online for $45 through Thursday, July 25.
- Late registration will be available on Friday, July 26 at Packet Pick-Up.
- Race starts at 7:15 a.m.
- Ages 7-10 will complete a 100-yard swim, 3-mile bike, and 1-mile run.
- Ages 11-15 will complete a 200-yard swim, 6-mile bike, and 2-mile run.
- View course maps.
- Age group awards will be presented to the top three males and top three females in the following categories: ages 7-8, ages 9-10, ages 11-12, and ages 13-15.
- All finishers will receive a finishers medal.
- Packet Pick-up will be held on Friday, July 26, from 5-6:30 p.m. in Park Center at James Island County Park. Participants will receive free entry to Splash Zone on Saturday after the event by presenting their 2019 Youth Triathlon finisher medal at the gate.
Please contact Park & Program Services by email or by phone at 843-795-4386.
We reserve the right to use photos or videos taken of visitors while they are at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission facilities or events for publicity purposes. Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property. Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.