Stono River County Park
Situated at the foot of the Limehouse Bridge, Stono River County Park offers beautiful Lowcountry river views from 1.5 miles of wooded trails and marsh boardwalks for walkers, runners, and cyclists. The 85.5-acre site is comprised of 25.3 acres of highland, 12.2 acres of marsh island, and 48 acres of marsh adjoining the Stono River. Just under the viaduct and across Main Road is the trailhead for the West Ashley Greenway.
- 39-space parking area
- Marsh boardwalk leading to an island in the Stono River
- Over a quarter-mile of island trails with views of the Limehouse Bridge and Stono River
- Picnic area
- Bike racks, bike repair station, chilled drinking fountain
- Pack it in, pack it out. There are no trash cans. Please do not litter!
- This is a smoke and tobacco-free facility. Smoking, vaping and electronic smoking devices are not allowed.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after and under control at all times.
- Stay on designated trails and follow trail etiquette when passing other trail users: Cyclists yield to pedestrians.
- The following are prohibited in the park:
- Motorized vehicles, ATVs or motorbikes
- Metal detectors
- Camping and/or campfires
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages
- Removal or destruction of natural resources or wildlife
- Dumping of trash, damaging, defacing or destruction of land or structures, including signs
- Firearms, fireworks, remote control airplanes/drones and/or dangerous projectiles (Charleston County Parks does recognize a valid South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit)
- Park does not offer water-entry access.
- Park access may be restricted due to land management projects, trail maintenance or to host special events.
- Agency rules and regulations (PDF)