Boat Landing Rules & Regulations
In addition to boat landing rules, please follow all South Carolina Department of Natural Resources Boating Regulations and the Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission Rules & Regulations (PDF) that govern all parks, facilities, and activities.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
- “Pack it in, Pack it out!”
- This litter control program is based on visitors taking from the boat landings all of the trash they brought with them. The cleaning or disposal of fish/shrimp/crabs/oysters at the landing is prohibited. *Except for DNR oyster shell collection sites.
- Tying to a floating dock for more than 15 consecutive minutes is prohibited.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Swimming is prohibited.
- Parking is limited and for active boat landing users. Landings are not to be used to store, load or transport construction equipment.
Charleston County Code of Ordinances Section 14.5-4, Ord. #1226, 8-13-02; Ord. #2070, 8-20-19
It shall be unlawful to:
- Abandon or park any vehicles or trailers on the premises of any public boat landing for a period of more than 72 consecutive hours.
- Transact any commercial functions (i.e. give or receive money or other goods and services in exchange for money) within the premises of any public boat landing.
- Utilize the parking areas of any public boat landing solely for the customers of any for-profit business.
- Use any boat landing to advertise any vehicle or trailer for sale.
- Utilize the boat landings for the storage, loading, or transportation of construction materials without a special permit or authorization of CCPRC.
- Utilize the parking spaces dedicated for vehicles with boat trailers for parking vehicles on weekends or holidays.*
- Obstruct the boat launch or “make ready” lane with any vehicle or trailer for more than 15 consecutive minutes.
- Consume alcoholic beverages upon the premises of any public boat landing.
- Operate all-terrain vehicles/off-road vehicles upon the premises of any public boat landing.
- Discharge firearms upon the premises of any public boat landing.
*City of Folly Beach Code of Ordinances Chapter 72.09, Ord. #27-12, 10-23-12; Ord. 25-21, 8-10-21
- It shall be unlawful to park vehicles without boat trailers in spaces dedicated for vehicles with trailers 7 days/week.
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission (CCPRC) is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen property.
This property is under the jurisdiction of local law enforcement. Failure to abide by posted rules is grounds for ticketing, arrest and/or towing at owner’s expense.