The Dog Park at James Island County Park
With acres to run and play, the off-leash dog park at James Island County Park is a great spot for your pups to exercise and socialize. Our dog park features separate fenced-in sections for large and small dogs and has a large lake where your dog can swim and play.
- Separate large and small dog (25 lbs and under) areas
- Lake access (wildlife is present, please always monitor your pet closely)
- Dog washing area
- Water fountains
- Nearby restroom facilities
Dog Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern the Dog Park at James Island County Park.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation of the rules may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- The success of the dog parks largely depends on the self-monitoring and cooperation of dog owners. Please help keep your park healthy and hospitable by encouraging others through your good example.
- You are completely responsible for all injuries and damage caused by your dog.
- Dogs that are sick, aggressive, in-heat, without current vaccinations displayed or too young for rabies vaccinations are not allowed.
- Pick up the poop! If your dog poops, you must immediately remove the excrement.
- Leash your dog until it is safely inside and return it to leash upon exiting.
- Always keep an eye on your dog and keep voice control to prevent any trouble.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Leash your dog whenever you sense problems.
- Do not let dogs dig holes. If they do, fill them in immediately.
- Keep food out of the enclosures. Dogs may become overly protective or aggressive in the presence of food.
- Access to the dog park may be restricted for maintenance or during special events. If so, notice will be posted.
- Immediately report any bite or attack to the park office.
- Wannamaker, James Island, Palmetto Islands, and Johns Island County Parks’ rules also apply to all guests.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.