- Our Parks
- Beach Parks
- Isle of Palms County Park
Isle of Palms County Park
Centrally located in Isle of Palms commercial district, Isle of Palms County Park offers beautiful ocean frontage with lifeguards on duty seasonally along a beachfront designated swimming area.
- Boardwalks and accessible ramps
- Beach chair, umbrella and boogie board rentals*
- Dressing area
- Ice cream, drinks, and snacks
- Sand volleyball court
- Picnic area and grills (first-come, first-served)
- Outdoor showers (no soap or shampoo allowed)
*In accordance with a City of Isle of Palms ordinance, all beach rental equipment must be picked up and paid for at the retail area and returned there after use.
Dogs must be leashed and under control at all times within the Isle of Palms County Park. See the City of Isle of Palms beach regulations for more details.
Park Hours & Fees
- January - April: 10 a.m. - Sunset
- May - Labor Day: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- September - December: 10 a.m. - Sunset
Gate closes to incoming traffic 30 minutes before the park closes. The park is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY
10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Weekends Only: May 6-21
- Daily: May 27 - Mid-August
- Weekends Only: Mid-August - September 24 (including Labor Day, 9/4/23)
Snack Cart & Chair/Umbrella/Boogie Board Rental Schedule
- Weekends only: March 4 - June 4, 10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Daily: June 7 – August 11, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
*Call ahead for availability outside of specified timeframe. Photo ID is required for beach chair/umbrella and wheelchair rentals. In accordance with a City of Isle of Palms ordinance, all beach rental equipment must be picked up and paid for at the retail area and returned there after use.
Gold pass members park for free year-round.
- January & February: $5
- March & April: $10
- May-Labor Day: $15 Monday-Friday and $20 Saturday, Sunday, and holidays
- September & October: $10
- November & December: $5
- RV/Campers: $40 daily parking
- Buses/Large Vehicles: $75
- Walk-Ins/Bicyclists: free admission
- School Groups: Please call 843-795-4386
Due to limited parking, visitors are encouraged to carpool when possible and expect delays when entering the park.
Parking for buses, RV's and/or campers is never guaranteed. Due to the limited turning radius, we are unable to accommodate RV + bus traffic on weekends during our busy periods, April 1 - Labor Day.
The park does not offer overnight parking.
Chair/Umbrella/Boogie Board Rentals
- Beach chair: $10 per day
- Beach umbrella: $20 per day
- Two chairs & one umbrella: $35 per day
- Boogie board: $15 per day.
Photo ID is required for beach chair/umbrella/boogie board and wheelchair rentals. In accordance with a City of Isle of Palms ordinance, all beach rental equipment must be picked up and paid for at the retail area and returned there after use.Call ahead for rental availability outside of specified timeframe.