Palmetto Islands County Park
Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park is a nature-oriented, 943-acre park designed for family and group use. The park is built in a tropical setting, with bicycle paths, boardwalks, and picnic sites with grills located throughout the park for your enjoyment.
- Nature Island
- 50-foot observation tower with play area
- Open meadow for games
- Tidal creek fishing* and crabbing dock
- Paved trails for walking, biking, and skating
- Nature trails
- Picnic sites with tables and grills
- Big Toy playground
- Kayak launch
- Off-leash dog park
- Grass volleyball court
- Splash Island Waterpark (seasonal)
- Bicycle and pedal boat rentals
- Covered picnic shelter rentals
- Snack bar and vending machines
- Kayak rack rentals
Park Hours & Fees
- January - April: 8 a.m. - Sunset
- May - August: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- September - December: 8 a.m. - Sunset
Gate closes to incoming traffic 30 minutes before park closes.
- Boat and bike rentals open at 10 a.m.
- View Splash Island Waterpark Schedule
- The dog park is closed until 9 a.m. each Wednesday for routine maintenance.
- $2 per person
- Free: Gold Pass members and children two & under
- $1.50 per person: Educational group fee, Monday-Friday. Call Park & Program Services at 843-795-4386 for details.
Boat & Bike Rentals
- Bicycle: $5 per hour or $15 per day
- Two-Seat Pedal Boat: $5 per ½ hour or $7 per hour
- Four-Seat Pedal Boat: $7 per ½ hour or $9 per hour
All boat/paddleboard rentals to ages 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
*The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources requires a saltwater fishing license to fish the tidal creeks.
No personal kayaks are allowed on the pond, but are allowed on historic Boone Hall Creek. Boone Hall Creek can be accessed from the park’s kayak dock.