Cooper River County Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Cooper River County Park and Marina.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- No swimming.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed except in designated area.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- All contractors must check in at the marina office prior to starting work.
- All vessels must contact the marina office via VHF Channel 16 upon entering or departing the marina.
- Dock carts are not to be left at boat slips. Please return to designated holding areas.
- Please walk bicycles on docks. No skates, inline skates, or skateboards allowed on docks.
- Fireworks, drones, and any dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Firearms are not allowed inside of buildings on park property. Permit holders are allowed to carry outdoors on park property.
- Fishing and Crabbing allowed in designated area on concrete North Pier only. Fishing and crabbing are prohibited on the South side of the North Pier between the two walkways leading to the floating docks and from the floating docks. Fishing requires a valid saltwater fishing license. More information can be found on the SC Department of Natural Resources website.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Amplified sound and music must be kept at low volume and free of explicit lyrics.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- No metal detectors, open fires, or overnight camping.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Activities involving sales and solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.