West County Aquatic Center Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern West County Aquatic Center.
- The West County Aquatic Center is a family-friendly facility. We expect all guests to behave in an appropriate manner. Violating the following policies may be cause for ejection from the facility without refund.
- Line-jumping, profanity, and unruly behavior will be cause for ejection without refund.
- Glass items, knives/sharp items, grills, boogie boards, or radios are not allowed.
- Horseplay is not allowed. This includes running, dunking, pushing, diving, etc.
- Guests using profanity or abusive language, symbols, or gestures may be ejected from the park without refund.
- Appropriate swimwear is required in order to participate in the aquatic attractions. All clothing is subject to management review and discretion.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the property.
- Violating policies may be cause for ejection from the facility without refund.
- Pets are not permitted.
Planning Your Visit
- Changing rooms and showers are available.
- Life jackets are provided in various sizes.
- To exit and re-enter the waterpark on the same day, you must get your hand stamped at the front admission gate.
- One chaperone is suggested for every eight children.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- The following personal flotation devices are allowed only with adult supervision: child’s inner-tube with built-in seat, "swimmies," and bathing suits with built-in flotation.
- Diaper changing areas are available.
- Children under three must wear swim pants. Swim pants are available for purchase.
- In the event the facility closes due to severe weather, patrons will be allowed a one-time redemption to re-enter on a future date with a dated receipt. This offer is valid for the current season only. No refunds will be given.
Severe Weather Policy
In the event the waterpark closes due to severe weather, patrons will be allowed a one-time redemption to re-enter the waterpark on a future date with a dated receipt. This offer is valid for the current season only. No refunds will be given.