Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
There is always a danger of rip currents and hazardous water conditions. Watch for hidden deep spots which can be caused by wave action. There is also a possibility of bites or stings from certain species of marine life.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- Swimming and wading are not allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Use designated boardwalks and access. Trespassing on dunes is prohibited by law and subject to fines.
- Holes on the beach must be filled in before departure as large holes pose a threat to sea turtles and humans.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- Firearms, fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed at Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Amplified sound and music must be kept at low volume and free of explicit lyrics.
- Smoking is prohibited on the beach and the beach accesses.
- No metal detectors, open fires, or overnight camping
- Fishing requires a valid saltwater fishing license. More information can be found on the SC Department of Natural Resources website.
- Use of confetti, glitter, balloons, or water balloons is prohibited.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Activities involving sales or solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
City of Folly Beach Ordinances include:
- No possession or consumption of alcohol allowed on beach.
- No glass is allowed on the beach.
- No plastic, balloons, or styrofoam is allowed on the beach.
- No smoking is allowed on the beach or the beach accesses.
For a complete list, visit the City of Folly Beach Website
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.