Folly Beach County Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Folly Beach County Park.
- Obey lifeguards at all times.
- Swim in designated areas only.
- Parents should remain with children at all times.
- Boats, surfboards, and motorized watercraft are not permitted in the designated swimming area.
- Fishing is not allowed in designated swimming areas.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times.
- Use designated crossovers. Trespassing on dunes is prohibited by law and subject to fines.
- Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Fires allowed only in approved cooking grills.
- Removal or disturbance of natural resources or wildlife is prohibited.
- No refunds or rain checks.
- Firearms, fireworks, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Swimming and the use of showers will not be permitted during periods of inclement weather.
- Activities involving sales or solicitation require the permission of park management.
- Please walk your bicycles on boardwalks and ramps.
- Alcoholic beverages are only allowed at the Pelican Watch
- Shelter with an approved application.
- Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
We urge you to stay near your children and watch them carefully. There is always a danger of rip currents and hazardous water conditions. Watch for hidden deep spots which can be caused by wave action. There is also a possibility of bites or stings from certain species of marine life.
City of Folly Beach Ordinances
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. from May 1 to September 30. At all other times they must be leashed and under control.
- No possession or consumption of alcohol allowed on beach.
- No glass is allowed on the beach.
- No plastic, balloons, or Styrofoam is allowed on the beach.