SK8 Charleston Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern SK8 Charleston.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation of the rules may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Skateboards, BMX bikes, in-line skates, and quads allowed at designated times only. No other equipment is permitted.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Amplified sound and music should be kept at low volume and free of explicit lyrics.
- All participants must pay fee and have an Activity Waiver on file for entry. Participants under the age of 18 must have their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) sign the waiver.
- All participants must wear industry standard helmets with securely fastened chinstrap and closed toe shoes at all times.
- Protective pads are strongly recommended.
- Children 12 and under must be under the supervision of an adult 18 years of age or older at all times.
- Fireworks, drones, and any other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Firearms are not allowed inside of buildings on park property. Permit holders are allowed to carry outdoors on park property.
- No smoking, tobacco products, e-cigarettes, or illegal drugs of any kind will be permitted inside the park.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed except in designated areas with an approved application.
- Graffiti, tagging, stickering, or defacing park property is prohibited.
- Glass bottles or containers are not permitted inside the park.
- Take pride in your park; don’t litter!
- Metal pegs, metal pedals, and metal end caps/plugs on handle bars are not allowed on BMX bikes.
- Pets, other than service animals, are not permitted. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- Anyone entering when the park is closed is trespassing and subject to arrest and loss of future skate park privileges.
- Activities involving sales and solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Park staff has the discretion to deny access due to inadequate equipment, violation of rules, safety concerns, inclement weather, and special event programming.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.
- Courteous conduct is expected! Disruptive behavior or language, including failure to obey safety requirements and rules, may result in loss of future skate park privileges.
- Skate and ride within your ability and maintain control at all times.
- Be patient and wait for your turn in the park.
- Skaters/riders have the right of way. Spectators, please exercise caution and YIELD to skaters/riders.