McLeod Plantation Historic Site Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern McLeod Plantation Historic Site.
- Alcoholic beverages are only allowed in designated areas with an approved application.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Removal or destruction of natural resources and wildlife prohibited.
- Metal detectors are not allowed.
- Swimming is not allowed.
- Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Firearms, fireworks, remote control airplanes, and any dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- No bicycles, skates, rollerblades, or skateboards allowed.
- Activities involving sales and solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Park in designated areas only. Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
- Please don’t feed wildlife in your county parks. Animals that are hand-fed can become aggressive, steal food, and even bite visitors.
- Visitors may take photos of the property with hand-held cell phones and/or cameras for personal use.
- Wedding and engagement photography is not allowed.
- All professional photo shoots (including, but not limited to, group or family shoots) and all photography involving equipment other than a hand held camera or cell phone must be scheduled in advance with the park office.
- Time: Photo shoots must take place Tuesday-Sunday, 7-9 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Fee: $100 per hour, 7-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. and $200 per hour after 6 p.m.
- Please call 843-762-9514 to make appointments or for additional information.