McLeod Plantation Historic Site Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern McLeod Plantation Historic Site.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. By participating in or utilizing park programs and facilities the user agrees to abide by all payment schedules, park and program rules and guidelines, and agrees all others participating will also abide by such rules. Usage is subject to compliance with all laws and facility rules and the user consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the law or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed except in designated areas with an approved application.
- Smoking, vaping or tobacco use is prohibited at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission owned and operated facilities, programs and events (to be implemented during the winter of 2024).
- Fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Firearms are not allowed inside of buildings on park property. Permit holders are allowed to carry outdoors on park property.
- Pets, other than service animals, are not permitted. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- No bicycles, skates, skateboards or similar equipment allowed.
- No metal detectors, open fires, or overnight camping.
- Swimming and fishing are not allowed.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Activities involving sales and solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
- Visitors may take photos of the property with hand-held cell phones and/or cameras for personal use.
- Wedding and engagement photography are not allowed.
- All professional photo shoots (including, but not limited to, group or family shoots) and all photography involving equipment other than a hand-held camera or cell phone must be scheduled in advance with the park office.
- Time: Photo shoots must take place Tuesday-Sunday, 7-9 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Fee: $100 per hour, 7-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. and $200 per hour after 6 p.m.
- Please call 843-762-9514 to make appointments or for additional information.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.