Meggett County Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Meggett County Park.
- Pack it in, pack it out. Please do not litter.
- No motorized vehicles, ATVs, or motor bikes are permitted.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times.
- Camping and/or camp fires are prohibited without an approved application.
- Removal or destruction of natural resources is prohibited.
- Metal detectors are prohibited.
- Firearms, fireworks, remote-controlled airplanes, drones, or any dangerous projectile are prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are only allowed in designated areas with an approved application.
- Access may be restricted in order to perform land management, trail maintenance, or host special events.
- Stay on designated trails.
The success of the trail system depends on you. Use caution. Trail users are responsible for their own safety, and the following guidelines will help provide for the safe and enjoyable use of the trail without endangering yourself or others.
- Follow trail etiquette when passing other trail users.
- Pedestrians and cyclists must yield right-of-way to horses. Stop to allow horses to pass, then continue.
- Cyclists yield to pedestrians.