Stono River County Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Stono River County Park.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. By participating in or utilizing park programs and facilities the user agrees to abide by all payment schedules, park and program rules and guidelines, and agrees all others participating will also abide by such rules. Usage is subject to compliance with all laws and facility rules and the user consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the law or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- Pack it in, pack it out. There are no trash cans.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Smoking, vaping or tobacco use is prohibited at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission owned and operated facilities, programs and events (to be implemented during the winter of 2024).
- Fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Firearms are not allowed inside of buildings on park property. Permit holders are allowed to carry outdoors on park property.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- Stay on designated trails and use caution as trails are unpaved and uneven.
- Bicycles, electric bikes and similar devices are allowed on trails when ridden safely. Please walk bicycles and similar devices on boardwalk.
- Follow trail etiquette when passing other trail users. Cyclists yield to pedestrians.
- No motorized vehicles, golf carts, ATVs, or horses permitted.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- Camping and campfires are prohibited without an approved application.
- Metal detectors are not allowed.
- No swimming or wading allowed.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Activities involving sales and solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.