Stono River County Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Stono River County Park.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- Pack it in, pack it out. There are no trash cans.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Firearms, fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- Stay on designated trails and use caution as trails are unpaved and uneven.
- Follow trail etiquette when passing other trail users. Cyclists yield to pedestrians.
- No motorized vehicles, ATVs, or horses permitted.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- Camping and campfires are prohibited without an approved application.
- Metal detectors are not allowed.
- No swimming or wading allowed.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Activities involving sales and solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.