How it Works
- To qualify for Championship awards participants must compete in three of the five races in the 2022 series.
- Only the BEST three scores from each athlete are used to determine the final series score. This practice is geared to reward performance and not the number of events raced.
- Scores are weighted by race. CSTS Races 1-4 are weighted 1.0, and the CSTS Championship Race 5 is weighted 2.0 (double).
- To establish the event score for participants, all times are divided into the base average time and then multiplied by the event weight index, then multiplied by 10000 to make the number an integer. Men’s and women’s times will be calculated separately.
- This same process will apply for females. The fastest female time will become the "base" time that all female times are measured against.
- Timing System: ChampionChip timing system
For each of the 5 Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series races, your age for your respective age group will be your age on the date of the first race of the series, regardless of which races you participate in. Please make sure that your date of birth has been submitted at the time of registration.
Series Champions (first place only) will receive specially-designed awards. In addition, the top three men and women in the Open/Elite Division will earn automatic entry into the following year CSTS.
The August Championship Race has always had the highest demand for entry. Be careful not to get closed out of this race.