Campground & Cottage Guidelines
- Check-in: 1 p.m. Campground and 4 p.m. Cottages
- Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Only the customer whose name appears on the account can make changes or make payments to an existing reservation.
- The number of campers per site is limited to six.
- No more than two tents or one RV and one tent per site will be allowed.
- An adult must accompany all campers under 18 years of age for the duration of the visit.
- In any 30-day period, campers may stay up to a maximum of 28 nights, tent campers up to a maximum of 14 nights, and primitive tent campers up to a maximum of seven nights.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the campground or park areas.
- Firearms, fireworks, BB guns, or other potentially lethal devices are not permitted on park property. Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission does recognize a valid South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit.
- Pets must be cleaned up after, on a leash, and under control at all times.
- Only licensed motorized vehicles are permitted in the campground. Golf carts are permitted at the campground and on the roadways within James Island County Park. All golf cart drivers must have a valid driver’s license and insurance. Golf carts are not permitted on park trails, paved or unpaved. Campers with golf carts are not permitted to drive their golf carts into the overflow or primitive areas. With the exception of mobility scooters, no electric scooters are allowed.
- Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
- Cancellations made 15 or more days in advance will incur a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellations made 14 or less days in advance will incur a one-night cancellation fee.
- The individual making the reservation acknowledges that each cottage unit at James Island County Park is owned by Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission and that the guest is a licensee of James Island County Park and not a tenant; therefore, he/she is not acquiring any real property or transferable interest in the park property.
- The individual making the reservation must be 21 years old and is responsible for distributing all rental information to group members, visitors, and any other outside individuals involved with the rental. This individual also agrees to pay for any damage to the cottage and for additional cleaning or repair charges incurred as a result of misconduct of any of the cottage guests. If these circumstances should occur, the charges will be billed to the account.
- The individual making the reservation must occupy the cottage throughout the entirety of the rental period. The cottage may not be sublet or sub-licensed to others. The occupancy of a cottage is limited to eight (8) people overnight and fifteen (15) people during the day. House parties and unchaperoned groups are not permitted, and at no time shall the occupancy of the cottage be disruptive to other guests or patrons. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m.-7 a.m. All visitors are required to leave the park during quiet hours.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Smoking is not permitted inside the cottages.
- No pets are allowed in the cottage or at the cottage area at any time.
- Guests must stop at the Campground Registration office before going to the cottage and must follow check-in and check-out procedures.
- Linens and kitchen utensils are provided. Items such as soap, paper towels, dishwashing liquid, etc., is the responsibility of the guest. Daily housekeeping is not provided. Housekeeping personnel service between cottage rentals only. A linen and towel exchange is only available once a week to guests staying one or two weeks.
- Park personnel may enter cottages during the rental period on an as-needed basis. All equipment in cottage properties is considered to be in reasonable working order. In the event of a reported maintenance problem, the James Island County Park personnel will schedule repairs as quickly as possible, but will not issue refunds due to matters beyond its control.
- James Island County Park has sought to provide a well-maintained and safe property. Guest agrees to indemnify and hold James Island County Park and Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission, their agents, and employees, harmless for accidents, injuries, damages, or liability that may occur during guest’s park visit excepting only injury or damage caused by the sole negligence of Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission so far as the laws of the state permit. Guests agree to supervise children and strictly follow all posted safety precautions.
- Use of paste, glue, nails, tacks, staples, or any other item that may mark walls, signs, beams, floors, ceilings, doors, or windows may not be used in the cottage. Use of confetti, glitter or water balloons is prohibited.
- James Island County Park is not responsible for articles lost, stolen, and left behind in the cottage or elsewhere in the park.
- Only three vehicles may be parked at each cottage. Additional vehicles must be parked in the overflow parking lot. Our cottage guests will be able to request up to two vehicle passes for their own visitors. These will be provided at no charge. With these passes, your visitors will be able to visit you at your cottage at no charge during your stay. Each cottage guest will be responsible for distributing the passes to visitors prior to the visitors’ arrival. Without this pass, visitors will be charged the regular admission of $2 per person; during special events, the festival fee will apply.
- Cottage rentals do not include Splash Zone admission fees or boat and bike rental fees.
- James Island County Park reserves the right to change reserved units if necessary. Guests will be notified in advance, time permitting. When due to circumstances unforeseen or beyond the control of James Island County Park personnel, the cottage reserved becomes unavailable or uninhabitable, all money paid will be refunded or substitute cottages, if and when available, will be offered at the then-published rental rate. THE RESPONSIBILITY OF LIABILITY OF CHARLESTON COUNTY PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO SUCH REFUND OR SUBSTITUTION.
- All cottage reservations are to be paid in full at the time of reservation. Methods of payment include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, check, money order, or traveler’s check.
- Cancellations made 15 or more days in advance will incur a one-night cancellation fee. Cancellations made 14 or less days in advance will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
Management reserves the right to terminate the rental agreement without a refund if any of these guidelines are violated. By participating in or utilizing park programs and facilities the user agrees to abide by all park and program rules and guidelines and agrees all others participating will also abide by such rules. Usage is subject to compliance with all laws and facility rules and the user consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the law or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion.