Where the Wild Things Run 5K
March 5, 2022
Walkers, joggers, and runners: come explore your wild side on the scenic nature trails at Caw Caw Interpretive Center. Caw Caw is actively managed for a variety of wildlife and a favored habitat for rare wildlife, so there is also the chance you may see a "wild thing" or two! Adults and kids alike are encouraged to take advantage of family-friendly yoga and readings from Maurice Sendak’s book, Where the Wild Things Are. After the race, stick around for the awards ceremony.
"This is one of the best kept 5K secrets in America. Sandy dirt roads, forest trails, grassy levees and boardwalk - all in one race! Absolutely spectacular."
Fees & Registration
- $38 per person
- Race Results
- Race begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Packet pick-up will be held on race day 7-8 a.m.
- Bibs are required.
- Award ceremony with food and beverages will be held immediately after the race.
- Water stations will be available on the course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
- Parent/guardian must sign a waiver for participants 17 and under. Participants ages 10-15 may register, but must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. Chaperone does not have to run in the race but does need to be on-site.
- Course Map (PDF)
- To help preserve and protect our natural resources and interpretive trails, dogs are not permitted.
- Please be aware that the course offers occasional areas of uneven terrain and varies from hard-packed trails with roots to grass and boardwalks. Strollers are not recommended.
- Shirts are not guaranteed with registrations received after January 28. 2022 Where the Wild Things Run Shirt Preview
- Family-friendly yoga and other activities will go on throughout the morning.
2022 5K Trail Race Series
Sign up for our inaugural 5K Trail Race Series to qualify for our Trail Run Series finisher medals and championship awards. The series includes Where the Wild Things Run, The Mullet Haul 5K, The Lowcountry Trail 5K, and the Chili 5K. The trail race series is open to all fitness levels and abilities.