Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K
We regret to announce that due to increases in current COVID levels and in keeping with local government restrictions, the 2021 Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K scheduled for February 6 on Folly Beach has been canceled. All registered participants will receive a 100% refund registration fees. Refunds will be processed in the method by which you paid and may take 7-10 days. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Park & Program Services.
The race will return next year, and we will announce that date as soon as possible. Thank you for your participation and for your understanding during these unprecedented times. We hope to see you in 2022 to help us Save the Light!
A half-marathon and 5K to support the preservation of the Morris Island Lighthouse by Save The Light, a grassroots non-profit organization that formed in 2000 to save the Morris Island Lighthouse from being lost to the sea. Both races are USATF-certified and start and finish near the Folly Beach Pier. Half Marathon is a run only event. The 5K is open to runners and walkers.
Registration & Race Information
- There will be two distinct race times:
- Half Marathon starts at 8:00 a.m.
- 5K starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Early arrival recommended to allow time for parking.
- There will be no packet pick up. Bibs will be mailed via USPS prior to the race - please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race. Awards will be mailed post-race.
- Race registration will include a long-sleeve t-shirt. Shirts will be mailed to each participant post-race.
- New! 2021 Save the Light quarter-zip jackets will also be available for $25. To purchase, simply add this to your cart during your registration (pre-orders only). Jackets will also be mailed post-race.
- Posters will be available for pick-up on-site the day of the race.
- Bibs are required.
- Water stations will be available on course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
- Earbuds or pets are not allowed on the course.
- Strollers are only allowed in the 5K, and those with strollers must start behind the runners/walkers.
- Participants, staff, and volunteers permitted on-site only. Please, no spectators at this time.
- Course Maps:
Save the Light long-sleeve t-shirt (pictured above).
Save the Light quarter-zip jacket in heather black performance (pictured above).
Race participants will be able to take advantage of a special group rate for the Tides Folly Beach Hotel during race weekend ($99/night for Friday, Feb. 5 and Saturday, Feb. 6).
Please contact the Tides directly for more information.
Poster design courtesy of our 2020 contest winner, Colleen Finn of Atlanta, GA.