Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K
A half-marathon and 5K to support the preservation of the Morris Island Lighthouse by Save The Light, a grassroots non-profit organization that formed in 2000 to save the Morris Island Lighthouse from being lost to the sea. Both races are USATF-certified and start and finish near the Folly Beach Pier. Half Marathon is a run only event. The 5K is open to runners and walkers.
- Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Folly Beach Pier
Registration & Race Information
- There will be two distinct race times:
- Half Marathon starts at 8:00 a.m.
- 5K starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Race Results
- Early arrival recommended to allow time for parking.
- Packet pick-up will be available at The Tides Hotel on Friday, February 4 from 4-7 p.m., and on race day, Saturday, February 5 from 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Awards and post-race food provided.
- Posters will be available for pick-up on-site the day of the race.
- Bibs are required.
- Water stations will be available on course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
- Earbuds or pets are not allowed on the course.
- Strollers are only allowed in the 5K, and those with strollers must start behind the runners/walkers.
- Shirts are not guaranteed for registrations received after 12/27/21.
- Course Maps:
Save the Light 2022 Performance Shirt
Save the Light Headband $15
Broader front provides more hair support than a traditional headband while still allowing you to keep a cool head. One size fits most adults.
Save the Light Buff $15
Multi-purpose performance buff with wear-it-your-way, flexible, full stretch fabric. One size fits most adults.