Explorers Camp for ages 6-9 is a fantastic first step for children to experience the many joys and infinite beauty of the surrounding natural world. Campers will explore and learn about the Lowcountry environment, create arts and crafts, and play cooperative games. We'll introduce kids to the wonders of being outside, and build physical, social, and decision-making skills while providing recreational fun. Our programs are designed with the philosophy that physical and emotional safety has to be the base on which all fun and education can be achieved.
What Awaits Your Child at Explorers Camp?
- Environmental Education through hands-on activities like catching, learning about, and then releasing native species to allow campers to gain a more personal view of nature. Campers will learn about some of the plants and wildlife in the Charleston area, and we'll offer weekly theme-based educational sessions with our naturalists.
- Exciting adventures await with canoeing, pedal boating, bicycling, trips to the waterpark, and nature discovery and exploration treks around the park.
- Theme-related arts and crafts projects each week will feature new, interesting, and fun activities.
- What's camp without games? Cooperative and fun games encourage and promote positive self-image, social interactions, and exercise.
- Search for Explorers Camp Sessions at James Island County Park
- Search for Explorers Camp sessions at Palmetto Islands County Park
- Search for Explorers Camp sessions at Wannamaker County Park
Looking for a summer job as a camp counselor? Charleston County Parks is currently hiring camp counselors for our 2023 Summer Season.